When you visit our secure web site, we may collect and store information about your visit on an anonymous, aggregate basis which we keep confidential. This information may include the time and length of your visit, the pages you viewed while at our site and the site you visited just before coming to ours. We may also record the name of your Internet service provider. We use this information only to measure site activity and to develop ideas for improving our site.
Our web site may make use of “cookie” technology to measure site activity and to customize information to your personal tastes. A cookie is an element of data that a web site can send to your browser, which may then store the cookie on your hard drive. So when you come back to visit us again, we can tailor information to suit your individual preferences. The goal is to save you time and provide you with a more meaningful visit.
You take online privacy seriously, and so do we. It’s our way of sustaining your trust in Spanish Lookout Credit Union Ltd. and our products and services.
Spanish Lookout Credit Union Ltd. reserves the right to alter our privacy principles as business needs require. Any alterations to these principles will be posted on our web site in a timely
If after reading this notice you have questions, please contact us at (501) 823-0323 or write to:
Spanish Lookout Credit Union
Spanish Lookout, Belize
Information We Collect About You
We collect nonpublic personal information about you from the following sources:
- Information we receive from you on applications and other forms.
- Information about your transactions with us.
- Information we receive from a consumer reporting agency.
- Information obtained when verifying the information you provide on an application or other forms; this may be obtained from your current or past employers, or from other institutions where you conduct financial transactions.
We may disclose all of the information we collect, as described above, as required by law.
Parties Who Receive Information from Us
We may disclose nonpublic personal information about you to the following types of third parties:
- Financial service providers, such as insurance companies, mortgage service companies, and securities broker-dealers.
- Non-financial companies, such as consumer reporting agencies, data processors, check/share draft printers, financial statement publishers/printers, plastic card processors, and government agencies.
Disclosure of Information to Parties That Provide Services to Us
In order for us to conduct the business of the credit union, we may disclose all of the information we collect, as described above, to other financial institutions with whom we have joint marketing agreements, to other companies that perform marketing services on our behalf, or to nonaffiliated third parties for the purposes of processing and servicing transactions that you request or authorize, so that we may provide members competitive products and services.
We may disclose nonpublic personal information about you under circumstances as permitted or required by law. These disclosures typically include information to process transactions on your behalf, conduct the operations of our credit union, follow your instructions as you authorize, or protect the security of our financial records.
To protect our members’ privacy, we only work with companies that agree to maintain strong confidentiality protections and limit the use of information we provide. We do not permit these companies to sell the information we provide to other third parties.
Disclosure of Information About Former Members
If you terminate your membership with Spanish Lookout Credit Union Ltd., we will not share information we have collected about you, except as may be permitted or required by law.
How We Protect Your Information
We restrict access to nonpublic personal information about you to those employees who need to know that information to provide products or services to you. We maintain physical, electronic, or procedural safeguards that comply with Central Bank of Belize regulations to guard your nonpublic personal information.
What You Can Do to Help
Spanish Lookout Credit Union Ltd. is committed to protecting the privacy of its members. Members can help by following these simple guidelines:
- Protect your account numbers, plastic card numbers, PINs (personal identification numbers) or passwords. Never keep your PIN with your card, which can provide free access to your accounts if your card is lost or stolen.
- Use caution when disclosing your account numbers, social security numbers, etc. to other persons. If someone calls you explaining the call is on behalf of the credit union and asks for your account number, you should beware. Official credit union staff will have access to your information and will not need to ask for it.
- Keep your information with us current. If your address or phone number changes, please let us know. It is important that we have current information on how to reach you. If we detect potentially fraudulent or unauthorized activity or use of an account, we will attempt to contact you immediately.
- Let us know if you have questions. Please do not hesitate to call us – we are here to serve you!